Applications for the Access Microscholarship Program are currently closed. Please check back at a later date.
The English Access Microscholarship Program is a global high-profile scholarship program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The Access Program provides a foundation of English language skills to bright, economically disadvantaged students, primarily between the ages of 13 to 16 through after school classes plus other, more intensive sessions and enhancement activities. Access programs give participants English language skills that may lead to better jobs and educational prospects. Participants also gain the ability to compete for and participate in future exchanges and study in the United States.
The Access program’s content must include:
- Regular after-school English language classes focus on the four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- English language intensive sessions. These intensive sessions are often one or two-week long summer programs but may also occur over consecutive weekends or between semesters.
- Cultural enhancement activities. The enhancement activities aim to increase the students’ familiarity with U.S. culture and values while they improve their English language skills.
- Computer instruction. The Access Program, whenever possible, should include computer instruction to complement English language instruction and enhancement activities. Online hours cannot replace the 360 face-to-face hours.
- 100% of the English language instruction will be done by qualified English teachers.
- July 2022: Call for Proposals
- August 20, 2022: Deadline for Round 1 Proposal submission
- August – September 2022: Review and Selection of Round 1 Proposals
- October 2022: Selected Providers complete Round 2 Proposals on the online Portal
- October – November 2022: Final Review and Approval of Online Proposals
- November – December 2022: Agreement set-up between Providers and FHI360
- January 2023: Provider starts recruiting teachers/students
- February 2023: Access classes start
There are no current open application for this program at this time.
Please check again at a later date.