To promote educational collaborations between the United States and Vietnam, the U.S Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City and Student Exchange Vietnam are cohosting the first American Abroad Conference 2018 at the American Center in Ho Chi Minh City.
According to 2017 Open Doors Report by IIE, Vietnam ranks 2nd as a Southeast Asian study abroad destination for U.S students (1,012 students). This one-day conference will help Vietnamese higher education institutions build relationships with U.S. higher education institutions and attract more American college students to Vietnam. Discussions will give participants the opportunity to learn about U.S. study abroad trends and hear from leading experts about successful programs. The conference will also provide networking opportunities between U.S. and Vietnamese higher education institutions.
See schedule below for more details:
16th January 2018 (8:30 -16:30)
American center, Diamond Plaza, 34 Le Duan, Ben Nghe, Dist 1, HCMC
Session topics include:
- Where is Vietnam on international education map?
- Vietnam’s potentials with U.S institutions
- Going abroad trends of U.S students (programs, models)
- What do students expect when studying abroad?
- Successful models of collaboration between the U.S and Vietnamese institutions
- Idea Exchange and Net working Lunch
- How to market Vietnam programs to U.S institutions/ Experience of working with U.S institutions
- Campus internationalization – why, how and where to start for Vietnamese institutions?
We cordially invite scholars, educators, and administrators to share their experiences regarding student exchanges, joint programs, and other campus internationalization activities.
Registration deadline is January 10th, 2018. Registration is free of charge, but space is limited.
To register, please contact us at (84) 283520 4685 or email at HCMCEDUSA@state.gov