HANOI, June 15, 2022 – The U.S. Mission in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2023 Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program.
Eligibilities: Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar applicants must:
- hold an M.A. or Ph.D. degree,
- be a Vietnamese citizen, and
- be proficient in English.
Applicants should be university faculty, government officials, private sector professionals, work at a think tank, or occupy similar positions. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishments. Applicants must reside in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are ineligible to apply if:
- They are currently residing, teaching, studying, or conducting research in the United States, or have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- They have been to the United States as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
Grant Length: Applicant may choose a grant for a semester (5 months) or full academic year (09 months)
A semester grant (05 months) must begin in September 2023 or January 2024
One academic year grant (09 months) must begin in September 2023
Fields of study: Applicants who specialize in disciplines within the social sciences and humanities, science, and technology are welcome to apply.
The deadline of application submission is 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2022 (Vietnam time).
Further application details are available at the Embassy’s Fulbright web page.