Deadline: 29th May, 2017
Applications are now open for YSEALI members who wish to participate in the YSEALI Workshop on Economic Engagement in ASEAN.
Selected participants will be offered an all-expense-paid trip to join the four-day workshop in Hanoi, Vietnam. Participants will arrive on July 31st and depart on August 5th, while the workshop will run from August 1st-4th, 2017.
This workshop will bring together 80 students and young professionals with relevant experience and interest in the ASEAN Economic Community and the policy development process. Participants will get an inside and interactive view into intra-AEC and US-ASEAN trade relationships. Through the workshop, YSEALI member will learn from economic experts and hone their negotiation, lobbying, and advocacy skills to enable them to make a greater impact in their communities. Applicants should have a passion for engaging with government, business leaders, community organizations, and/or youth groups to advance economic and social development at the community, national and ASEAN levels. Participants will experience intercultural learning that will enable effective cross-country cooperation that they will sustain after the workshop.
By combining presentations, plenary talks, panel discussions, and relevant site visits in the Hanoi area, YSEALI members will acquire a comprehensive view of the AEC, ASEAN trade relationships, and the policy development process, with regards to sustainable development issues.
The workshop is funded by the US Department of State and will be implemented in collaboration with Kenan Institute Asia and the Centre for Sustainable Development Studies (CSDS).
Applications are open until 29th May, 2017. Information about the workshop can be found by visiting http://yseali-aec.org/.
To be eligible, applicants must be:
- Aged between 18-25
- A citizen of an ASEAN member state (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, or Vietnam)
- A YSEALI member – joining YSEALI can be done in conjunction to applying to participate in the workshop. To become a YSEALI member, please register (no cost) at https://asean.usmission.gov/yseali/
- Able to communicate in English (speaking in public, making presentations, and writing)
- Have a keen interested in economic engagement and/or business development, exhibit leadership potential, and illustrate an awareness for and interest in engaging in regional economic activities
- Priority will be given to those who have not attended a YSEALI regional workshop or fellowship
If you are eligible and interested in this workshop, you can apply directly through this form: http://yseali-aec.org/applynow. If you have difficulties submitting the online application form, or specific questions about the application process, contact the YSEALI coordinators of the U.S. Embassy Hanoi and Kenan at YSEALIVietnam@state.gov and email@example.com.