U.S. Mission Vietnam
Message for U.S. Citizens
August 10, 2022
Due to increasing COVID-19 case numbers, the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) updated its Travel Health Notice for Vietnam to Level 3: COVID-19 High. The previous Travel Health Notice for Vietnam was Level 2: COVID-19 Moderate.
The travel notice can be viewed here.
The following is the CDC’s key information:
- Make sure you are fully vaccinated before travelling to Vietnam.
- Unvaccinated travelers should avoid nonessential travel to Vietnam.
- Because of the current situation in Vietnam, all travelers may be at risk for getting and spreading COVID-19 variants.
- See recommendations for fully vaccinated travelers.
- See recommendations for unvaccinated travelers.
- Travelers should follow recommendations or requirements in Vietnam, including wearing a mask and staying 6 feet apart from others.
- Quick guide for travelers.
For U.S. citizens residing in Vietnam, the U.S. Mission recommends the following:
- Visit Mission Vietnam’s COVID-19 page for updates here.
- Register for COVID-19 vaccination via the Vietnamese National Vaccine Registration portal through the instructions provided here.
- Adhere to local guidelines including social distancing and mask-wearing mandates.
- Comply with local testing and quarantine requirements.
- Prepare for continued disrupted ability to travel.
- Monitor your local news and situation as different wards, districts, cities, and provinces may enact different restrictions with little warning.
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam reminds all U.S. citizens that they are subject to Vietnamese local laws and regulations while visiting or living in Vietnam. We advise U.S. citizens to comply with the Vietnamese government’s testing and quarantine requirements.
U.S. citizens should refrain from gathering in large groups and monitor local news and government restrictions to avoid travel disruptions. Government of Vietnam regulations regarding business operations, quarantine, movement, and travel restrictions in all parts of Vietnam can change with little notice.
Additional Information from U.S. Mission Vietnam: