The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to call for nominations of outstanding candidates to participate in the 2015 Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program.
This program brings Vietnamese teachers to the United States for a semester and provides Vietnamese teachers opportunities to study topics that are unique or particularly strong within the U.S. school system. Teachers will also get to examine the U.S. education system. Selected candidates will be placed at a U.S. university graduate school of education and will audit up to two classes, pursue an project, observe/team-teach/lead classes for U.S. teachers and students in local primary and secondary schools, and engage in other teaching related activities.
The Fulbright Program in Vietnam, at U.S. Embassy Hanoi, will coordinate and nominate up to eight candidates from Vietnam. It is anticipated that 2 awards will be made.
- Hold Vietnamese citizenship
- Have at least one undergraduate degree
- Full-time primary and secondary school teachers; Primary and secondary level library media specialists, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, special education coordinators, gifted and talented student coordinators, and administrators who work with students at least fifty of the time; and teacher trainers of primary and secondary levels.
- 5 years of teaching experience.
- A valid minimum TOEFL – IBT score of 79 or IELTS 6.5
- Residing in Vietnam
A complete application includes:
- An online application
- Inquiry project proposal – Suggested topics: current methodology for teaching language at a Second Language; math; work with special needs students; school management or leadership; or curriculum development.
- Original Transcripts with certified English translations
- An original degree with certified English translations
- Letters of recommendation (three required with one from current immediate supervisor)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A valid TOEFL or IELTS score report.
Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program will provide:
- A monthly stipend (which covers housing)
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Airfare & Travel support
- Tuition fees will be waived for the required coursework
Deadline: Wednesday, November 5, 2014
Application Form: Only online applications with completed supporting documents will be considered. The online application is available at: http://goo.gl/UZGcfj
Point of contact: Ms. Vu Quynh Nga
Phone: (04) 3850-500. Email: fulbrightDA@gmail.com