Operation Hours: Monday: 13:00 – 19:00; Tuesday to Friday: 8:00 – 19:00; closed on weekends and holidays.
- Membership: AC does not issue membership cards.
Register to become an AC member at http://creator.zoho.com/pashanoi/form/14
Like the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi
- Public events: Register to attend the AC’s monthly events at https://goo.gl/cNznmy. Our regular programs last 90 minutes, and they are not appropriate for children under 14 years old, especially for popular programs with a large crowd. To ensure the quality of our programs, we reserve the right to ask groups to leave.
- Library services: Register for the book borrowing service at http://creator.zoho.com/pashanoi/form/203. Patrons may borrow up to 3 books (except Testing Preparation materials) for 10 days. Please visit the American Center and access to eLibraryUSA research databases through computers therein.
- Collection: Check the online catalog at http://tinyurl.com/achanoi to search for books, DVDs and magazines.
- Computers, iPads, Internet access, and CNN wireless headphones: AC computers, iPads and wireless headphones maybe used for educational purposes only and are limited to 2 hours of use. Online games and chatting are prohibited. Turn off and put the wireless headphones back in their designated places after use.
- Print & Copy service: Patrons may print or copy 10 pages per day for study purposes with permission from an AC staff member.
- Belongings: Patrons must store their belongings in lockers outside the American Center and self-protect them. AC takes no responsibility if items are lost. Personal laptops, iPads, mobile phones and two books/notebooks are permitted in the AC. All other materials must be placed in lockers in the lobby.
- User responsibilities: Do not write on books and magazines. Put them on the mobile shelves after use. Do not bring AC property outside of the AC. Do not copy CDs/DVDs. Keep the Center clean and neat. Act mannerly and courteous to others while in the AC. Do not bring outside food or drinks into the Center. Water is near the meeting room. Rest rooms are located on the second floor. Never put back books or movies on the shelves after use. Put them in the mobile shelf near the help desk.
- Security check-in at the entrance:
Visitors above age of 14: A photo I.D. is required for entrance into the American Center. Acceptable forms of identification include a Vietnam National ID card, passport, driver’s license, or student I.D. card issued by a local high school, college, or university. Electronics are permitted, but bags must be placed in lockers according to the American Center rules.
Visitors under age of 14: Although a photo I.D. is NOT required for entrance, all visitors under the age of 14 must be accompanied by an adult aged 16 years or older at all times while in the American Center. The required ratio of adults to children is one adult for every three visitors under the age of 14. In addition, visitors under the age of 14 may use AC computers and equipment only under adult strict supervision at all times.
All visitors are prohibited from bringing the following items into the American Center:
– All kinds of food and drinks
– Explosive devices
– Flammable liquids
– Lighters and matches
– All firearms, air guns, or any device that expels a projectile
– Edged weapons of any kind
– Other items as identified by Embassy security officials
This list is not all inclusive and security officials reserve the right to deny entry of items determined to be unsafe or a threat to security. Failure to declare prohibited items prior to security screening could result in temporary or permanent restriction to American Center facilities.