Thank you for volunteering to speak at the American Center of the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. Located on the 8th Floor of Diamond Plaza (34 Le Duan, District 1, HCMC), the American Center holds free programs for the general public on a variety of topics including professional skills development; entrepreneurship and innovation; science, technology, engineering and math (STEM); English language learning; and U.S. culture and values. Through these activities, we work to foster innovation, build capacity, support diversity and inspire the next generation of leaders to develop ground-breaking solutions to shared issues and to work together to shape our common future.
Our primary audience consists of Vietnamese students and young professionals, ages 18-35, who are English language speakers.
Events are generally schedule on weekdays from 2-4 p.m. or 5-7 p.m.
We invite you to decide the program format and the level of formality. For maximum audience engagement, we suggest a 30-45 minute long presentation, followed by a Q&A and/or an open discussion.
Facilities and equipment
Our events and programs usually take place in the multi-purpose room (aka MPR), which has a capacity of approximately 200 people. This room is equipped with a laptop connected to an LED screen for slideshow and video screenings, a clicker, an A/V system, and reliable wifi access.
Before your presentation
To best support and promote the event, kindly follow these steps:
- Prior to meeting with the American Center team, please send us the following: your biography and title; the event’s name and a short description; and the suggested dates and times
- Send us your presentation file (if any) at least 1 week in advance for our review. We will have the file uploaded on our computer and ready for use on the event day.
On the day of your presentation
- Bring a valid photo ID for entrance
- Bring a flash drive containing your presentation in case of unexpected technological issues.
- The American Center is not a venue for individuals or entities to promote themselves, their products or services. All events must be non-commercial, non-partisan and free of charge for all attendees.
- We do not permit copyright or intellectual property rights infringement, and we reserve the right to remove any information, images, etc. deemed to be in violation of another party’s copyright or other government/intellectual property rights.