FULBRIGHT DISTINGUISHED AWARD IN TEACHING SHORT-TERM PROGRAM 2023-2024
The Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Short-term Program provides Vietnamese host institutions the opportunity to request a U.S. teacher for a one-time visit of two to six weeks. The Fulbright Distinguished teachers will engage in collaborative projects with a teacher training institution; a national, state, or local education ministry; an educational organization such as a research institution, think tank, or other governmental or non-governmental organization; or an elementary or secondary school.
U.S. teachers spend between two to six weeks with a Vietnamese host institution, depending on the individual institutional request. Projects should be implemented between April 2024 and December 2024 (Projects planned for implementation in June, July and August 2024 will receive priority consideration.)
Eligible Vietnamese host institutions include:
- A teacher training institution;
- A national, state, or local education ministry;
- An educational organization such as a research institution, think tank, other governmental or non-governmental organization
- An elementary or secondary school.
Eligible U.S. participants include: :
- Guidance counselors
- Librarians/Media specialists
- Technology teachers
- Other educators currently working in primary and secondary education, special education, school counseling, and other areas.
The Distinguished teacher may participate in a variety of activities at the host institutions, including:
- Leading seminars, workshops or other teacher professional development for educators
- Conducting need assessments, surveys, institutional or programmatic research
- Consulting with administrators and/or instructors on faculty development
- Developing and/or assessing academic curricula or educational materials
- Advising the Ministry of Education or other educational institutions on educational policies and projects or participating in educational consultations
- Presenting lectures or conference plenary presentations
- Other education capacity building activities that meet host institution goals.
Eligible disciplines include:
Support to Fulbright teachers:
Fulbright Program will fund international travel costs and a daily honorarium for the U.S. teacher.
Vietnamese host institution will be responsible for obtaining a visa approval letter from the Ministry of Public Security of Vietnam, including paperwork and related costs. Additionally, the host institution will provide the U.S. teacher accommodation free of charge and cover in-country travel, meals and transportation for airport pick-up and drop off.
To request a Fulbright Distinguished Short-term teacher, potential host institutions may submit a request form in English to the Fulbright Program via email firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2023.
Ms. Vu Thi Diu
Fulbright Program in Vietnam, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel: +84-4-3850-5000 (Ext. 6033)