- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2020 Vietnamese Scholar Program
- U.S. Student Program
- Vietnamese Student Program AY 2020-2021
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA)
- Fulbright Specialist Program (FSP)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
- Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program AY 2019- 2020
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship Program (FLTA)
Competition for Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program Academic Year 2017
HANOI, Sept 6, 2016 – The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to call for nominations of outstanding candidates to participate in the 2017 Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program.
This program brings Vietnamese teachers to the United States for a semester and provides them with opportunities to study topics that are unique or particularly strong within the U.S. school system. Teachers will also be able to directly observe and learn about the U.S. education system. Selected candidates will be placed at a U.S. university graduate school of education and will audit up to two classes, pursue a project, observe/team-teach/lead classes for U.S. teachers and students in local primary and secondary schools, and engage in other teaching related activities.
The Fulbright Program in Vietnam, at U.S. Embassy Hanoi, will coordinate and nominate up to 6 candidates from Vietnam. It is anticipated that 2 awards will be granted.
- Hold Vietnamese citizenship
- Have at least one undergraduate degree
- Full-time primary and secondary school teachers; Primary and secondary level library media specialists, guidance counselors, curriculum specialists, special education coordinators, gifted and talented student coordinators, and administrators who work with students at least fifty percent of the time; and teacher trainers of primary and secondary levels.
- 5 years of teaching experience
- A valid minimum TOEFL – IBT score of 79 or IELTS 6.5
- Residing in Vietnam
A complete application includes:
- An online application
- Project proposal – Suggested topics: current methodology for teaching English as a Second Language; math; working with special needs students; school management or leadership; or curriculum development.
- Original Transcripts with certified English translations
- An original degree with certified English translation
- Letters of recommendation (three required with one from current and immediate supervisor)
- Curriculum Vitae
- A valid TOEFL or IELTS score report.
Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program will provide
- A monthly stipend (which covers housing)
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Airfare & Travel support
- Tuition fees will be waived for the required coursework
For details on the eligibility requirements, expenses covered and application process, please visit the website at http://www.fulbrightteacherexchange.org/application
Application Form: Only online applications with completed supporting documents will be considered. The online application is available at this link.
Deadline: Monday, October 31, 2016 at 17:00 by Vietnam time zone
Point of contact: Ms. Vu Thi Diu, Program Assistant
Phone: (04) 3850-5000 ext 6033 Email: email@example.com.