- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
- Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program AY 2023 – 2024
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) Program AY2023
- The Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence (SIR) Program AY2023-2024
- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2023 Vietnamese Scholar Program
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA Program)
This program invites gifted high schools, universities, and colleges located outside of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City to apply to host a native English language teaching assistant for one academic year. The ETA Program aims to support English teaching and learning at Vietnamese educational institutions. English Teaching Assistants’ responsibilities include teaching English through listening and speaking lessons while implementing cultural exchange programs.
First launched in 2008, the Vietnam ETA program seeks to foster English learning in Vietnam while providing a cultural exchange between Americans and Vietnamese students in the interest of promoting mutual understanding and cooperation. Fulbright ETAs are U.S. college graduates eager to teach English overseas and serve as cultural ambassadors of the United States.
Requirements for host institutions:
Please review the requirements for host institutions of the ETA program in this file (PDF-184KB).
How to invite a Fulbright ETA to your institution?
Please follow these steps to request a Fulbright ETA:
- Contact Fulbright Program in Vietnam via email@example.com to receive the fillable request form (PDF-262KB).
- Fill out the form and get an official signature from your school.
- Get general approval from the provincial People’s Committee if your institution has not hosted any ETA or any American volunteers, specialists, or teachers before.
- Send the request form together with the approval from the Provincial People’s Committee (if applicable) to the Fulbright Program in Vietnam via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: February 28, 2021
Preference is given to those institutions in underserved areas with limited or no prior access to native English speakers. Successful host institutions:
- Understand the goals and mission of the Fulbright ETA program and have strong commitment to comply with the Fulbright Program’s requirements.
- Have clear goals and realistic expectations about Fulbright ETA’s roles and assignments, and a commitment to utilize ETAs in ways that will promote sustainable activities to help improve English language learning and teaching.
- Maintain effective communication with the ETAs and Fulbright Program office before and during the ETA’s working time in Vietnam.
- Be accommodating and supportive to the ETAs during their adjustment to a new working and living environment.
Point of contact:
Ms. Vu Thi Diu, Program Assistant
Fulbright Program in Vietnam
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 (Ext 6033)