- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2020 Vietnamese Scholar Program
- U.S. Student Program
- Vietnamese Student Program AY 2020-2021
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA)
- Fulbright Specialist Program (FSP)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
- Fulbright US-ASEAN Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program 2020
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship Program (FLTA)
This program invites gifted high schools, universities, and colleges throughout Vietnam, but outside of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, to apply to host a native English language teaching assistant for one academic year. The ETA program aims to support English teaching and learning at Vietnamese educational institutions. ETAs’ responsibilities include teaching English through listening and speaking lessons and implementing cultural exchange programs.
First launched in 2008, the Vietnam ETA program seeks to foster English learning in Vietnam and provide a cultural exchange between Americans, Vietnamese students, and host institutions to foster mutual understanding and cooperation. Fulbright ETAs are U.S. college graduates eager to teach English overseas and serve as cultural ambassadors of the United States.
Requirements for host institutions:
Please review the requirements for host institutions of the ETA program in this file.
How to invite a Fulbright ETA to your institution?
Please follow these steps to request a Fulbright ETA:
- Contact Fulbright Program in Vietnam via firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the fillable request form.
- Fill out the form and get an official signature from your school.
- Get general approval from the provincial People’s Committee if your institution has not hosted any ETA or any American volunteers, specialists, or teachers before.
- Send the request form together with the approval from the Provincial People’s Committee (if applicable) to the Fulbright Program in Vietnam via email email@example.com
Preference is given to those institutions in underserved areas with limited or no prior access to native English speakers. Successful host institutions:
- Understand the goals and missions of the Fulbright ETA program and have strong commitment to follow-through on the Fulbright Program’s requirements.
- Have clear, realistic goals and expectations about Fulbright ETA’s roles and assignments, and a commitment to utilize ETAs in ways that will promote sustainable activities to help improve English language learning and teaching.
- Maintain effective communication with the ETAs and Fulbright Program office before and during the ETA’s working time in Vietnam.
- Be accommodating and supportive to the ETAs during their adjustment to a new working and living environment.
Point of contact:
Ms. Vu Thi Diu, Program Assistant
Fulbright Program in Vietnam
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy, Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngoc Khanh, Ba Dinh, Hanoi
Tel: +84-24-3850-5000 (Ext 6033)