- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2022 Vietnamese Scholar Program
- U.S. Student Program
- Vietnamese Student Program AY 2022-2023
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA)
- Fulbright Specialist Program (FSP)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to call for nominations of outstanding candidates to participate in the academic year 2022 Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Initiative.
1. Program Description: The Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program is open to university faculty, foreign ministry or other government officials, and professional staff of the private sector, think tanks, and other NGOs in the ASEAN Member States. Selected Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholars will travel to the United States for three to four months during the first half of 2023, where they will carry out scholarly and professional research on priority issues to the U.S.–ASEAN relationship and ASEAN. Projects should be selected that are regional in scope and/or have clear implications for the entire ASEAN region.
2. Background: The United States is committed to sustained engagement across Asia as a strategic priority, including working closely with multilateral institutions such as ASEAN. The objective of the Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar Initiative, which was started in 2012 is to deepen people-to-people engagement and strengthen our ties with the ten member nations of ASEAN, while specifically emphasizing the importance of ASEAN. Since the program began in 2012, more than 100 scholars from all 10 ASEAN Member States have been awarded.
3. Fields of study: Fields of study could include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Market Integration
- Food Technology
- Information Sciences
- Public Administration
- Public/Global Health
- Trade and Investment
These programs and topics should reflect priority areas of the ASEAN Secretariat and the U.S. Mission to ASEAN and may also reflect priorities and relevance to the nominating country. Projects that are regional in scope and/or have clear implications for the entire ASEAN region are to be prioritized.
4. Eligibility: Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar applicants should be university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other NGOs whose work focuses on U.S.–ASEAN issues. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment; they must be citizens of one of the ten ASEAN Member States; and they must be proficient in English. Preference will be given to qualified applicants who have not had recent and substantial experience in the United States. Applicants must be residing in an ASEAN Member State throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to an ASEAN country upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are ineligible if they:
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S.;
- Have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years; or
- Have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
5. The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Curriculum vitae (up to six pages)
- Letter of invitation (strongly preferred, but not required)
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
Candidates will able access the on-line application at https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2022/
6. Award Terms: Fulbright U.S.–ASEAN Visiting Scholar awards will provide:
• A monthly stipend for grantees, between US $2,710 and $3,145/month, depending on the U.S. city.
• A direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
• A $1,250 Professional and Settling-in allowance.
• Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000, as necessary.
• No dependent support will be available.
7. Deadline: Friday, January 7th, 2022 at 17:00 by Vietnam time zone
9. Points of contact:
Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Rose Garden Tower, 170 Ngọc Khánh, Hà Nội
Phone: (024) 3850-5000 (ext. 6114) Email: VNFulbright@state.gov