- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2023 Vietnamese Scholar Program
- Vietnamese Student Program AY 2023-2024
- Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Program (ETA)
- Fulbright Specialist Program (FSP)
- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
- Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program AY 2023 – 2024
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) Program AY2023
Vietnamese Student Program AY 2023-2024
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to announce the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program for academic year 2023-2024. Established in 1946 and funded by the U.S. government, the Fulbright Program aims at achieving mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange. The Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program which recruits and nominates young Vietnamese professionals for Master’s degree programs at U.S. universities. Approximately 20 fully-funded scholarships are granted on an annual basis. Since 1992, more than 600 Vietnamese students have been selected to participate in the Program.
WHAT does the Scholarship provide? Successful candidates will receive a full scholarship which covers tuition and fees, monthly stipend, round-trip airfare to the United States, and health insurance to pursue a Master’s degree that begins in the academic year 2023-2024. Successful candidates will also receive support from the Fulbright Program during the application process to American universities.
WHO can apply? Competition is open to people who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Vietnamese citizen (no dual citizenship)
- Have at least one undergraduate degree
- Have at least two years of work experience after graduation by the time of application
- Have a valid minimum TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5 or PTE-Academic 58 or Duolingo 105
The following persons are ineligible to apply for the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program:
- Candidates who already received one Fulbright Student Program grant
- Candidates who are currently living or studying in the United States
- Candidates who have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a U.S. college or university within the last three years
- Local employees of the U.S. Mission in Vietnam who work for the U.S. Department of State and their immediate dependents are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following the termination of employment
- Candidates who have received any government scholarship for graduate study abroad within the past five years or have accepted any fully-funded scholarship for graduate study abroad.
WHICH fields of study are supported?
The Program supports study in most fields of social sciences and humanities, including:
- American Literature Education Project/Program Management
- American Studies Environmental Studies Psychology
- Agricultural Economics Management of IT/Information system Public Administration
- Anthropology Journalism Public Policy
- Architecture Language/Literature (non-U.S.) Public Health
- Art/Film Studies Law Social Work
- Business (all fields) Library Science Sociology
- Communications Linguistics/Language Teaching Urban/Community Planning
- Development Studies Philosophy Women/Gender Studies
- Economics Political Science
(A brief introduction of each field of study is available here. Please contact the Fulbright office if your desired field of study is not on the list)
HOW to apply?
Please follow these steps to apply for the Program:
Step 1: Download the Application Guidelines and read them carefully before starting your application
Step 2: Complete the online application form at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2023/
All components of the online application must be submitted by the deadline, including:
- Two essays (study objectives and personal statement)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcript and degree (for each higher educational institution you list in your application)
- Required test score report
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline for application submission: 5:00PM (Vietnam time), May 15, 2022.
Competition is based on academic and professional merits, without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. Preference is given to those without recent experience in the United States. A successful applicant is someone who can:
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed description of the study objectives and show a clear connection between their study objectives and future goals through a compelling set of essays.
- Have a depth and breadth of work experience in their intended field of study, and a full understanding of the field.
- Demonstrate leadership potential based on participation in academic, extra-curricular, community and professional development activities, and personal attributes.
- Show dedication to Vietnam and potential to make a positive impact upon return
- Contribute to promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Vietnam through educational and cultural exchange activities.
- Be willing to be a cultural ambassador of Vietnam.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and strong English proficiency.
|December, 2021||– Grant announced and application materials available|
|May 15, 2022||– Deadline for submission of application|
|June – July 2022||– Application review and semi-final selection|
|August 2022||– Interviews & final selection|
|September – October 2022||– Finalists (re)take GRE/GMAT/TOEFL iBT/IELTS|
|November – March 2023||– Submission of applications to U.S. universities|
|April – May 2023||– University placements confirmed|
|May 2023||– Pre-departure orientation|
|June – July 2023||– Medical check-up and visa application|
|July – August 2023||– Departure|
The schedule will be updated when available. In the meantime, please watch our live recordings of information sessions on the U.S. Embassy Facebook:
- Law: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/3799866263394682
- Education and Linguistics: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/1112891922557713
- Public Health: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/471228617458561
- Arts/Creative: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/462957701495711
- Public Policy/International Relations/Public Administration/Political Sciences: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/256542306137371
- Development: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/130148162374645