- Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching Program
- Fulbright Distinguished Award in Teaching Short-term Program
- Fulbright U.S.-ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program AY 2023 – 2024
- Fulbright Foreign Language Teaching Assistantship (FLTA) Program 2024
- The Fulbright Scholar-in-Residence (SIR) Program AY2023-2024
- U.S. Scholar Program
- 2023 Vietnamese Scholar Program
Vietnamese Student Program AY 2024-2025
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to announce the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Scholarship Program for academic year 2024-2025. Established in 1946 and funded by the U.S. government, the Fulbright Program aims at advancing mutual understanding through academic and cultural exchange. The Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program is a competitive, merit-based scholarship program which recruits and nominates young Vietnamese professionals for Master’s degree programs at U.S. universities. Approximately 20 fully-funded scholarships are granted on an annual basis. Since 1992, more than 600 Vietnamese students have been selected to participate in the Program.
WHAT does the Scholarship provide? Successful candidates will receive a full scholarship which covers tuition and fees, monthly stipend, round-trip airfare to the United States, and health insurance to pursue a Master’s degree that begins in the academic year 2024-2025. Successful candidates will also receive support from the Fulbright Program during the application process to American universities.
WHO can apply? Competition is open to people who meet the following criteria:
- Be a Vietnamese citizen (no dual citizenship and reside in Vietnam throughout the application & selection process)
- Have at least one undergraduate degree
- Have at least two years of work experience after graduation by the time of application
- Have a valid minimum TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5 or PTE-Academic 58 or Duolingo 105
The following persons are ineligible to apply for the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program:
- Candidates who already received one Fulbright Student Program grant.
- Candidates who are currently living or studying in the United States and overseas.
- Candidates who have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a U.S. college or university within the last three years.
- Local employees of the U.S. Mission in Vietnam who work for the U.S. Department of State and their immediate dependents are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following the termination of employment.
- Candidates who have received any government scholarship for graduate study abroad within the past five years or have accepted any fully-funded scholarship for graduate study abroad.
WHICH fields of study are supported?
The Program supports study in most fields of social sciences and humanities, including:
- American Literature
- Project/Program Management
- American Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Agricultural Economics
- Management of IT/Information system
- Public Administration
- Public Policy
- Language/Literature (non-U.S.)
- Public Health
- Art/Film Studies
- Social Work
- Business (all fields)
- Library Science
- Linguistics/Language Teaching
- Urban/Community Planning
- Development Studies
- Women/Gender Studies
- Political Science
(A brief introduction of each field of study is available here. Please contact the Fulbright office if your desired field of study is not on the list)
HOW to apply?
Please follow these steps to apply for the Program:
Step 1: Download the Application Guidelines and Application Checklist and read them carefully before starting your application
Step 2: Complete the online application form at: https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2024/
All components of the online application must be submitted by the deadline, including:
- Two essays (study objectives and personal statement)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcript and degree (for each higher educational institution you list in your application)
- Required test score report
- Curriculum vitae
Deadline for application submission: 5:00 PM (Vietnam time), April 17, 2023.
Competition is based on academic and professional merits, without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. Preference is given to those without recent or substantial experience in the United States. A successful applicant is someone who can:
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed description of the study objectives and show a clear connection between their study objectives and future goals through a compelling set of essays.
- Have a depth and breadth of work experience in their intended field of study, and a full understanding of the field.
- Demonstrate leadership potential based on participation in academic, extra-curricular, community and professional development activities, and personal attributes.
- Show dedication to Vietnam and potential to make a positive impact upon return
- Contribute to promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Vietnam through educational and cultural exchange activities.
- Be willing to be a cultural ambassador of Vietnam.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and strong English proficiency.
|December 2022||Competition announced and application materials available|
|April 17, 2023||Deadline for submission of application|
|June – July 2023||Application review and semi-finalist selection|
|August 2023||Interviews & finalist selection|
|September – October 2023||Finalists (re)take GRE/GMAT/TOEFL iBT/IELTS|
|November 2023 – March 2024||Submission of applications to U.S. universities|
|April – May 2024||University placements confirmed|
|May or June 2024||Pre-departure orientation|
|June – July 2024||Medical check-up and visa application|
|July – August 2024||Departure|
Our live recordings of information sessions available on the U.S. Embassy Facebook:
- Law: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/3799866263394682
- Education and Linguistics: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/1112891922557713
- Public Health: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/471228617458561
- Arts/Creative: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/462957701495711
- Public Policy/International Relations/Public Administration/Political Sciences: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/256542306137371
- Development: https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/videos/130148162374645
CONTACT: For further information, please read the Frequently Asked Questions or contact Ms. Huy Thi Hanh, Program Assistant at (024) 3850-5089 or email: VNFulbright@state.gov.