The Regional English Language Office (RELO) opened in the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi in 2015. Part of the Public Affairs Section, it cooperates with the Ministries of Education, teachers’ associations, universities, schools, and English language teaching (ELT) professionals on a variety of educational and cultural exchange programs and projects in order to enhance mutual understanding between the peoples of the region and the United States. The RELO in Hanoi helps to manage English Language Programs in Vietnam, Cambodia, and Lao PDR.
The RELO in Hanoi is one of 25 such offices around the world. Its work is coordinated by the Office of English Language Programs in the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in Washington, D.C.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Promote English language teaching and learning in Vietnam, Laos, and Cambodia
- Enhance teachers’ professional development
- Provide educational opportunities and resources
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
|English Language Programs||Scholarships & Training Opportunities|
|Online Professional English Network (OPEN) program
· Global Online Courses (GOCs) for educators
· Region- and country-specific ESP courses
· MOOCs for educators and learners
· Openly licensed course materials
· Alumni Community of Practice
|English Language Resources/Materials
HOW TO WORK WITH US?
- Organizations and/or educational institutions: Please send us a proposal if you’re interested in:
– inviting an English Language Fellow/Specialist/Virtual educator to teach English to your students; to conduct teacher training workshops; or to help with curriculum design, textbook development, and program evaluation, etc.
– becoming a provider to implement the Access English Microscholarship Program or the EnglishWorks!
- Individuals: Please follow our website and/or the U.S. Embassy Hanoi’s Facebook page for updates about the programs, scholarship opportunities, small grants, webinars, and available resources that we offer.