Call for Proposals
English Access Microscholarship Program
The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi is pleased to announce the 2022 English Access Microscholarship Program and to call for proposals from not-for-profit organizations, public educational institutions, and schools. Interested organizations are invited to submit a Round 1 Proposal to become a potential Provider for the Access Program no later than 5:00 p.m. Friday, August 20, 2022.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The English Access Microscholarship Program is a global high-profile scholarship program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State. The Access Program provides a foundation of English language skills to bright, economically disadvantaged students, primarily between the ages of 13 to 16 through after school classes plus other, more intensive sessions and enhancement activities. Access programs give participants English language skills that may lead to better jobs and educational prospects. Participants also gain the ability to compete for and participate in future exchanges and study in the United States.
- The Access program will last for two years with a minimum total of 360 hours of instruction.
- Access classes must start no later than February 20, 2023, but are encouraged to start earlier if possible.
The Access program’s content must include:
- Regular after-school English language classes focus on the four language skills: reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- English language intensive sessions. These intensive sessions are often one or two-week long summer programs but may also occur over consecutive weekends or between semesters.
- Cultural enhancement activities. The enhancement activities aim to increase the students’ familiarity with U.S. culture and values while they improve their English language skills.
- Computer instruction. The Access Program, whenever possible, should include computer instruction to complement English language instruction and enhancement activities. Online hours cannot replace the 360 face-to-face hours.
- 100% of the English language instruction will be done by qualified English teachers.
- The program will be implemented at a location which is accessible on a regular basis to the selected participants with minimized support from the program budget.
- The location can be in a city/province where the provider has a branch with well-equipped facilities and qualified English teachers.
Target participants and selection process:
- Selected participants must be high performing, non-elite 13-to-16-year-old Vietnamese students. The provider is encouraged to develop creative ideas to target at a specific group of students that have good academic records and are economically, socially or ethnically disadvantaged.
- The Providers are encouraged to develop a selection process for the program in which the U.S. Embassy plays a key role and makes the final decision of selecting program participants.
- Each Provider can request one (01) Access class, the number of students in one class should be 25.
- Program budget should not exceed $1,200 per student for two years.
- The cost of the program should be itemized in the budget into the following categories:
- Books and Instructional Materials
- Enhancement activities
- Food & Beverage
- July 2022: Call for Proposals
- August 20, 2022: Deadline for Round 1 Proposal submission
- August – September 2022: Review and Selection of Round 1 Proposals
- October 2022: Selected Providers complete Round 2 Proposals on the online Portal
- October – November 2022: Final Review and Approval of Online Proposals
- November – December 2022: Agreement set-up between Providers and FHI360
- January 2023: Provider starts recruiting teachers/students
- February 2023: Access classes start
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL?
Interested organizations are encouraged to read the Access Provider Handbook carefully before completing proposals.
Link to Round 1 Proposal: https://bit.ly/AccessRound1Proposal
Deadline: 5:00PM, August 20, 2022 (Vietnam time)
Quang Tri to the North Thua Thien Hue to the South
Ms. Nguyen Thi Hanh, RELO Assistant Ms. Muon Le, Cultural Affairs Assistant
Phone: +842438505000 (#6225) Phone: +842835204657