THE 2023 YSEALI PROFESSIONAL FELLOWS PROGRAM
The U.S. Mission to Vietnam seeks candidates for the 2023 Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Professional Fellows Program on Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, Sustainable Development and the Environment. The application deadline August 5, 2022.
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is a public diplomacy program designed to advance regional strategic goals, break down barriers that separate the next generation of leaders in Southeast Asia, and link those emerging leaders to the United States.
The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a two-way exchange program designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States.
YSEALI PFP is administered under four Institute Themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment. Applicants will be instructed to rank themes in order of preference on their application as well as their preferred program cycle. Applications may be assigned to a different theme or cycle if deemed necessary and appropriate.
- The Civic Engagement Institutes will support professionals involved in: non-governmental management; community development; advocacy; education and capacity building; media and journalism; law; health equity; youth initiatives and programs; and civic activism for marginalized populations.
- The Economic Empowerment Institutes will support professionals involved in: small and medium-sized business development; business administration; business education; economic development policy; social entrepreneurship; and community training
- The Governance and Society Institutes will support professionals involved in: the legislative process; governance at the local or national level; public administration and management; policy making; fiscal management; political campaigns and initiatives; health and human services; public-private partnerships; public safety; transportation and urban planning; and law and judicial reform.
- The Sustainable Development and the Environment Institutes will support professionals involved in: food and water security; public health; ecotourism; the innovative development and management of agricultural and food systems, energy, housing, and transportation resources; natural disaster response; natural resource conservation and restoration; and waste management.
The program in the United States will be organized taking into consideration all necessary safety guidelines issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local authorities.
- A YSEALI member;
- A citizen and current resident of either: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam;
- Be emerging leaders in government, civil society, or the private sector who have demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme for which they are applying;
- Be 25 to 35 years old at the start of the program, currently employed and have two or more years of relevant professional work experience;
- Be self-directed with demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting;
- Be able to identify an objective/project of their own selection that the applicant would like to implement in their home workplace or community;
- Have demonstrated proficiency in written and oral English.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Apply online here: ysealipfp.org
- The application deadline is August 5, 2022.
ELIGIBLE CANDIDATES CAN SEND ANY QUESTIONS TO: