This page carries current vacancy announcements for the United States Embassy Hanoi and the Consulate in HoChiMinh City. We advertise here with the locally hired positions for U.S. Government agencies in Vietnam. These are: Department of State (DOS), Foreign Agriculture Services (FAS), Foreign Commercial Services (FCS), Department of Defense (DOD), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency (DPAA), Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)…
Who Can Apply? Each vacancy announcement will specify who can apply. The following categories are used:
- Appointment Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) – All agencies
- Current Employees of the Mission, Appointment Eligible Family Members (AEFMs) and Eligible Family Members (EFMs) – All agencies
- All Interested Candidates – Ordinary and Non-Ordinary Residents of Vietnam
Job Opportunities in HANOI:
- Vacancy announcement – HANOI-2021-09 – Chauffeur positions. The opening/closing date is from February 24 to March 10, 2021.
- Vacancy announcement – Strategic Content Coordination Assistant (Digital Production). The opening/closing dates are Feb 4, 2021 and Feb 26, 2021.
- Vacancy announcement – Strategic Content Coordination Assistant (Community Manager). The opening/closing dates are Feb 4, 2021 and Feb 26, 2021.
Job Opportunities in Ho Chi Minh City:
Note that applications for Intern jobs should be submitted to HoChiMinhCityHR@state.gov (not thru ERA).
Thank you for your interest in working for the Embassy of the United States of America in Vietnam. To view a current list of all available vacant positions at the U.S. Embassy the Embassy & Consulate and to apply, please visit our ERA site:
All applications must be submitted through ERA to be considered.
In order to assist you in understanding how to create an account and successfully apply for the job(s) in which you are interested, we have provided a step-by-step video, as well as guidance documents for each stage of the process. These can be found on the right sidebar of this webpage.
For more information, once in ERA, please click on the vacancy that interests you and review all the information about it, like duties and qualifications required.
Applicants will receive correspondence for testing processes and/or interviews via email from ERA; please be sure to provide a correct email address and review your spam or junk folder as sometimes the system notification goes into these folders.
The Embassy Human Resources Office is unable to acknowledge the receipt of your documents due to the high volume of applications received. If you do not receive a notification email from ERA within four weeks of the vacancy announcement’s closing day, it is likely that you did not qualify for the position or did not submit a complete package. However, we encourage you to keep applying, and hope you will one day #JoinOurTeam!
Where can I apply?
Anywhere that has an internet connection and a computer.
What should I review before applying
Overseas Employees will demonstrate the Eight Qualities of Overseas Employees (PDF-124KB) or characteristics essential for being a successful member of the United States Embassy, Consulate, or Mission. Please read the entire Vacancy Announcement to ensure you meet all Eligibility and Qualification requirements. All required documentation, as mentioned in the Vacancy Announcement, must be included (uploaded) at the time of application.
Job Opportunities at USAID:
- Development Assistance Specialist (Strategic Information (SI) Team Lead), VN-023 (PDF-214KB)
The opening/closing date is from February 04, 2021 to March 15, 2021, 17:00 Hanoi time
- Project Management Specialist (Health Information Systems), VN-031 (PDF-213KB)
The opening/closing date is from January 28 to 17:00(Hanoi time) February 28, 2021
Note: USAID is not using Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system. To apply for USAID vacancies, you should complete the DS-174 form (PDF 621KB) and other documents stated in each vacancy announcement and send to Vietnam-Hanoi-USAID-HR-Recruitment@usaid.gov.