U.S. Embassy Hanoi will conduct an auction of used office and household furniture, appliances and other miscellaneous items on Saturday, April 22, 2023, from 08:00AM to 16:30PM. The auction will take place at the Embassy Warehouse located at No. 326A Nguyen Trai, Trung Van Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi. Auctioned items will be provided in the list named “Bid Package” which must be purchased on site. Each bidder is required to purchase a Bid Package at the cost of VND 50,000.
Please register via Registration link
Bidders must be at least 18 years old. Registration must be received by Thursday, April 20, 2023. Please contact us via email if you have any questions: Hanoi GSOAuction @state.gov. Please do not phone for information.
- All buyers must have a valid picture ID or Passport to enter the Warehouse.
- Participants must wear face masks inside the Embassy Warehouse.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry at the Embassy Warehouse. No large bags, cameras, mobile phones and electronic devices will be allowed to enter the Warehouse.
Conditions of Sale:
- All items will be sold “as is” and no warranties are made regarding their operating condition. There will be no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Merchandise will be sold in “Bulk” lots. Interested buyers MUST purchase the entire lot(s).
- Bid amounts must be in US dollars (rounded to nearest dollar, no cents). All bids must be submitted by the Google Form Link sent from the Auction Board. Only bids received by 11:00 AM, Saturday, April 22, 2023 in Google Form will be considered.
- Bid Deposit: Bidders will be required to deposit VND 2,300,000 or US$100 for general lot(s). Non-successful bidders will have their bid deposit refunded.
- Bidders must honor any winning bid(s) and pay the price offered to buy the lot(s). Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the bid deposit. All bidders should submit realistic bids and honor their bid(s) if accepted.
- Successful bidders will be contacted via phone from 12:00 – 13:00 on Saturday, April 22, 2023 and are required to settle cash payments to the Embassy ’s Cashier at the Embassy Warehouse.
- Payment: Winning bidder(s) will have to pay in cash for the lot(s) before 15:00 on Saturday, April 22, 2023. In case the winning bidder does not complete payment before 15:00, the bid deposit of VND 2,300,000 will be forfeited. Please note that the Embassy will only issue the property transfer documents of the goods to the winning bidder, not to third-party buyers.
- The Embassy reserves the right to make the final decision on the sale of all items.
- All Government of Vietnam duty or taxes, if any, and transportation are the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- 08:00 – 10:30 Bidders purchase Bid Packages, inspect lots, deposit at Embassy Warehouse.
- 10:30 – 11:00 Viewing of lots closes. Online bidding takes place on Google Form.
- 11:00 – 13:00 Bids are verified by Auction Board to select the highest bidder. Winning bidders are notified by phone calls.
- 13:00 – 16:30 Winning bidders access the Embassy Warehouse to make payment and pick up the goods. Return bid deposit to non-successful bidders at Embassy Warehouse. Winners pick up goods following registered schedule at Embassy Warehouse 326A Nguyen Trai Street, Trung Van Ward, Nam Tu Liem District, Hanoi.
Note: * All bidders who decide not to pay for an item won at auction will forfeit their US$100/VND2,300,000 deposit. All decisions regarding the deposit will be made by the Embassy. All decisions are considered final. Payment will be made in cash; no bank transfer will be accepted.
Items must be claimed and removed from the Warehouse no later than 14:00 pm Monday April 24, 2023. Deposit must be picked up no later than 10:00AM Monday April 24, 2023.