The U. S. Consulate will conduct an auction of used office and household furniture, appliances, vehicles, and other miscellaneous items on Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, from 07:30AM to 17:00PM. The auction will take place at the Consulate compound located at No. 7 Mac Dinh Chi Street, District 01, Ho Chi Minh City. A list of auctioned items will be provided in the “Bid Package” which must be purchased on site. The cost of this bid package is VND 100,000 and each person entering the compound must have a bid package.
All those wishing to participate must pre-register via email to <HCMC-GSO-Auction@state.gov> with the following details: Full name, ID# or Passport#, contact phone numbers (including mobile). Bidders must be at least 18 years old. E-mails must be received by Wednesday, June 20th, 2018. No phone calls.
- Only registered bidders will be allowed to enter the compound.
- Please print out a copy of the “sent” registration email and bring it to the auction. Any bidders who are not on the Consulate’s registration list and who do not have a copy of the sent email will not be granted entry.
- All buyers must have a valid picture ID or Passport to enter the compound.
- No cameras, cell phones and electronic devices will be allowed to enter the compound.
Conditions of Sale:
- All items will be sold “as is” and no warranties are made with regard to their operating condition. There will be no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Merchandise will be sold in “Bulk” lots. Interested buyers MUST purchase the entire lot(s).
- Bid amounts must be in US dollars (rounded to nearest dollar, no cents). All bids must be submitted to the sealed box located at an indicated area. Only bids received in the bid boxes will be considered.
- Bid Bond: Bidders will be required to deposit a VND 4,500,000 Bid Bond for “Bulk” lots, and a Bid Bond of VND 45.000.000 for vehicles.
- Bidders must honor any winning bid(s) and pay the price offered to buy the lot(s). Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the bid bond. All bidders must be prepared to submit realistic bids and honor their bid(s) if accepted. Non-winning bidders’ bid bond will be refunded.
- Winning bidders will be contacted via phone call and are required to make cash payments to the Consulate Cashier from 12:30PM – 14:00PM on Saturday, Jun 23rd, 2018.
- The Consulate reserves the right to make the final decision on the sale of all items.
Payment for vehicles: Winning bidder(s) must pay for the vehicle(s) before 14:00, Jun 23, 2018. Winning bidders failing to complete payment before 14:00 will forfeit the bid bond of $2,000 (VND 45.000.000). Please note that the Consulate will only issue the property transfer documents of the vehicles to the winning bidders, not third party buyers.
- Vietnamese Government duty or taxes, if any, and transportation are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- 07:30 – 09:30: Purchase Bid Packages, inspect lots, deposit and bid.
- 09:30 – 11:00: Verify bids to select the highest bidders.
- 11:00 – 11:30: Contact winning bidders.
- 12:30 – 14:00: Pay for the lots, and provide details of driver and truck that will access to the Consulate compound for picking up the lots on Saturday, Jun 23rd, 2018.
- 14:00 – 15:00: Return bid bonds to those not winning bids at the gate No. 7 Mac Dinh Chi.
Lots pick up:
The Consulate will provide laborers to assist winning bidders to load their lots. Pick up merchandise will be arranged on the auction day from 12:30PM to 4:30PM.