The U. S. Consulate General will conduct an auction of a used vehicle on Thursday, July 29th, 2021, from 07:30AM to 11:30AM. The auction will take place at the Consulate Warehouse located at No. 51 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ward 6, District 03, Ho Chi Minh City.
- Model: FORD EXPLORER XLT 4×4
- Model year: 2010
- Color: WHITE
- Engine Capacity: 4.000cc – V6
- Current Odo Kilometer: 20,448
- Fuel type: GASOLINE
- Manufacturer place: UNITED STATE OF AMERICA
- Photos: https://app.box.com/s/4dsf73n9k8urostsb0g8e01gtcfx7tql
Please register via e-mail to: HCMC-GSO-Auction@state.gov with the following details: Full name, ID# or Passport#, contact phone numbers (including mobile). Bidders must be at least 18 years old. Registration e-mails must be received by Monday, July 26th, 2021. No phone calls.
Social distancing will be enforced by limiting access to the Consulate compound to a maximum of 2 participants at a time.
- Please print out a copy of the “sent” registration email and bring it to the auction. Any bidders who are not on the Consulate’s registration list and who do not have a copy of the sent email will not be granted entry.
- All buyers must have a valid picture ID or Passport to enter the compound.
- Participants must wear face masks inside the Consulate compound.
- All visitors will be screened upon entry at the Consulate. No large bags, cameras, cell phones or electronic devices will be allowed to enter the compound.
Conditions of Sale:
- All items will be sold “as is” and no warranties are made regarding their operating condition. There will be no refunds or exchanges allowed.
- Merchandise will be sold in “Bulk” lots. Interested buyers MUST purchase the entire lot(s).
- Bid amounts must be in US dollars (rounded to nearest dollar, no cents). All bids must be submitted to the sealed box located at an indicated area. Only bids received in the bid boxes will be considered.
- Bid Bonds: Bidders will be required to deposit VND 45,000,000 for vehicle(s). Non-winning bidders will have their bid bond refunded.
- Bidders must honor any winning bid(s) and pay the price offered to buy the lot(s). Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the bid bond. All bidders should submit realistic bids and honor their bid(s) if accepted.
- Payment for vehicle(s): Winning bidder(s) will have to pay by cash for the vehicle(s) before 10:30 on Thursday, July 29th, 2021. In case the winning bidder does not complete payment before 10:30, the bid bond of VND 45,000,000 will be forfeited. Please note that the Consulate will only issue the property transfer documents of the car to the winning bidder, not to third-party buyers.
- Successful bidders will be contacted via phone call and are required to make cash payments to the Consulate’s Cashier from 09:30 – 10:30 on Thursday, July 29th, 2021.
- The Consulate reserves the right to make the final decision on the sale of all items.
- Vietnamese Government duty or taxes, if any, and transportation are the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
- 07:30 – 09:00 Inspect lots, deposit and bid.
- 09:00 – 09:30 Verify bids to select the highest bidder.
- 09:30 – 10:30 Contact winning bidder to proceed payment and provide details of driver who will access to the Consulate for picking up the car (Pick-up date and place will be advised after all procedure are done)
- 10:30 – 11:30 Return bid bonds to losing bidders at 51 Nguyen Dinh Chieu Street, Ward 6, District 03, Ho Chi Minh City.
Note: The Schedule may change due to Covid-19 outbreak. Under this circumstance, The Consulate will update information by email 24h in advance. Your sympathy and cooperation are highly appreciated.