Vietnam Travel Advisory: Level 2: Exercise increased caution, April 20, 2021
Exercise increased caution in Vietnam due to COVID-19.
Read the Department of States COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 1 Travel Health Notice for Vietnam for COVID-19, indicating a low level of COVID-19 in the country. Commercial transportation to/from Vietnam is available on a limited basis. Visit the Embassy’s COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 in Vietnam.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to Vietnam:
- See the U.S. Embassy’s webpage regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Reports for Vietnam.
- U.S. citizens who travel abroad should always have a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Travelers Checklist.