An official website of the United States government

Fiancé(e) Visa

General Information

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen.  The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival.  You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on the Department of State website.  The detailed process is also published on the K-1 page of the ustraveldocs website.

How do I schedule an appointment?

K visa applicants can schedule their appointments and pay the visa application processing fee per the instructions here.  K visa applicants should not schedule their appointment until after they have received an Instruction Package Letter (Packet 3 K) from the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City.