The U.S. Mission in Vietnam is pleased to call for nominations of outstanding candidates to participate in the 2015 Fulbright U.S. – ASEAN Visiting Scholar Program.
Reflecting an enduring commitment to the Asia-Pacific Region, the United States has elevated its engagement across Asia as a strategic priority. A central pillar of that strategy is to work more closely with multilateral institutions such as ASEAN. The objective of the Fulbright U.S.– ASEAN Fulbright Initiative is to deepen people-to-people ties and strengthen educational partnerships around issues important in Asia-Pacific. The program is designed for university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, and professional staff of think tanks and other NGOs in Vietnam and in other ASEAN member nations to travel to the United States for scholarly and professional research for 3-4 months on issues that are relevant and useful to member nations, and central to the U.S. – ASEAN relationship. The Fulbright Program in Vietnam, Public Affairs Section, U.S. Embassy Hanoi will coordinate the nominations of up to three candidates from Vietnam. It is anticipated that a total of 10 awards, one from each ASEAN member country, will be made.
The 2015 Fulbright U.S. – ASEAN visiting scholars may apply to lecture and conduct research in fields that will support ASEAN initiatives including but not limited to: Education, Environmental Sciences, Financial Market Integration, Food Technology, Information Sciences, Journalism, Law, Political Science, Public Administration, Public/Global Health, Social Work, Sociology, Statistics, Trade and Investment, Trade Facilitation, and TEFL & Applied Linguistics.
- Hold Vietnamese citizenship
- University faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, and professional staff of think tanks and other NGOs in Vietnam
- Proficiency in English
- Residing in Vietnam
A complete application includes:
- The following materials comprise a complete application:
- On-line application
- Project statement (three to five pages)
- Bibliography (up to three pages; this is required for research or combined teaching/research awards)
- Curriculum vita (up to six pages)
- Letters of recommendation (three are required)
- Letter of invitation
Fulbright U.S – ASEAN Visiting Scholar awards will provide:
- A monthly stipend for grantees, between US $2,710 and $3,145/month, depending on city.
- One direct-flight, round-trip economy-class air ticket.
- A one-time $1,250 Professional and Settling-in allowance.
- Qualifying university lab and research fees up to $3,000, as necessary.
- No dependent support will be available.
Deadline: Friday, October 31, 2014
Application Form: Only online applications will be considered. The online application is available here.