2025 FULBRIGHT VIETNAMESE STUDENT PROGRAM
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2025 Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program, which provides fully-funded scholarships for individuals to study for Master’s degrees in the United States. Diverse candidates from across Vietnam pursuing a wide range of fields of study are welcome to apply. As part of the commitment the United States make to support Vietnam’s goal of training of a high-tech workforce, the Fulbright program especially welcomes applications from candidates in science and technology related fields of study.
- Be a Vietnamese citizen (no dual citizenship with any other country; applicants must reside in Vietnam throughout the application and selection process)
- Have at least one undergraduate degree. (For applicants in engineering and physical sciences only, the field of undergraduate degree must correspond with or relate to the proposed field of study for the Master’s degree)
- Have at least two years of work experience after graduation from an undergraduate degree program by the time of the application submission deadline
- Have a valid minimum TOEFL iBT 79 or IELTS 6.5 or Duolingo 110 or TOEFL Essentials 8.5 (the test must be taken after April 1, 2022)
The following persons are ineligible to apply for the Fulbright Vietnamese Student Program:
- Candidates who already received one Fulbright Student Program grant.
- Candidates who are currently living or studying in the United States and overseas.
- Candidates who have earned a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from a U.S. college or university within the last three years.
- Local employees of the U.S. Mission in Vietnam who work for the U.S. Department of State and their immediate dependents are ineligible for grants during the period of their employment and for one year following the termination of employment.
- Candidates who have received any fully-funded scholarship for graduate study abroad within the past five years regardless of source of funding.
FIELD OF STUDY
Fields of study supported by the Program include:
- More details about these fields are available here. Please contact the Fulbright office to receive further information if your desired field of study is not on the list.
- General listing of admission requirements by field of study can be found here.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement to apply for the program; however, applicants are encouraged to closely check admission requirements of prospective host institutions to ensure they meet the requirements for Master’s study in their field.
Access the online application here
The following materials comprise a complete application:
- Two essays (study objectives and personal statement)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Transcript and degree (for each higher educational institution you list in your application
- Required English proficiency test score reports
- Curriculum vitae
A complete application package for the 2025-2026 academic year must be submitted into the online application at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2025/ by 17:00 on April 1, 2024 (Vietnam time).
GRANT FUNDING DETAILS
- Tuition fee
- Monthly living stipend
- Health and accident insurance
- Round trip airfare from Vietnam to the United States
Competition is based on academic and professional merits, without regards to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, geographic location, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity. Preference is given to those without recent or substantial prior experience living, studying, or working in the United States. A successful applicant is someone who can:
- Demonstrate a clear and detailed description of the study objectives and show a clear connection between their study objectives and future goals through a compelling set of essays.
- Have a depth and breadth of work experience in their intended field of study, and a full understanding of the field.
- Demonstrate leadership potential based on participation in academic, extra-curricular, community and professional development activities, and personal attributes.
- Show dedication to Vietnam and potential to make a positive impact upon return.
- Contribute to promoting mutual understanding between the people of the United States and Vietnam through educational and cultural exchange activities.
- Demonstrate a clear desire to be a cultural ambassador of Vietnam to promote mutual understanding between Americans and Vietnamese people.
- Have demonstrated academic excellence and strong English proficiency.
|Competition announced and application materials available
|April 1, 2024
|Deadline for submission of application
|May – July 2024
|Application review and semi-finalist selection
|Interviews & finalist selection
|September – October 2024
|Finalists (re)take GRE/GMAT/TOEFL iBT/IELTS
|November 2024 – March 2025
|Submission of applications to U.S. universities
|April – May 2025
|University placements confirmed
|May or June 2025
|June – July 2025
|Medical check-up and visa application
|July – August 2025
Applicants may wish to receive more information to prepare for the program application. Please see below for live recordings of both general information sessions and sessions tailored to applicants from specific disciplines that are currently available on the U.S. Embassy Facebook
- General program information session (hybrid format) focusing on STEM-related and other fields of study: 2:00-5:00 P.M., January 11, 2023
- General program information session, February 2023: http://bit.ly/41sbEbo
- General program information session in February 2022: http://bit.ly/3GO9KYZ
- Law: http://bit.ly/3TvR7R1
- Education and Linguistics: http://bit.ly/3tnxIqU
- Public Health: http://bit.ly/3tnxMa8
- Arts/Creative Fields: http://bit.ly/3TqLCDm
- Public Policy/International Relations/Public Administration/Political Sciences: bit.ly/484C8SF
- Development: http://bit.ly/48nt5fr
FOR MORE INFORMATION