HANOI, April 5, 2018 – The U.S. Mission in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2019 Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program (VSP).
Eligibilities: Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar applicants must:
- hold an M.A. or Ph.D. degree
- be Vietnamese citizens
- be proficient in English
Applicants should be university faculty, foreign ministry and government officials, or professionals in the private sector, think tanks and other. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment. Applicants must be residing in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are ineligible who:
- Are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the U.S., or who have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- Have been to the U.S. as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
Grant Length: Five (05) or nine (09) months
- One-semester grants (05 months) must begin in September 2019 or January 2020
- Two-semester grants (09 months) must begin in September 2019
Fields of study: Applicants of various disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, science, and technology are welcome to apply.
Further details on application are available at: https://vn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/fulbright-program-vietnam/vietnamese-scholar-program/ . The deadline of application submission is 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2018 by Vietnam time zone.