HANOI, March 21, 2019 – The U.S. Mission in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2020 Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar Program (VSP).
Eligibilities: Fulbright Vietnamese Visiting Scholar applicants must:
- hold an M.A. or Ph.D. degree,
- be a Vietnamese citizen, and
- be proficient in English.
Applicants should be university faculty, government officials, private sector professionals, work at a think tank, or occupy other, similar occupations. Applicants will be expected to have a significant record of scholarly or professional accomplishment. Applicants must reside in Vietnam throughout the nomination and selection process, and they must return to Vietnam upon completion of their U.S. stay.
Applicants are ineligible to apply if:
- They are currently teaching, studying, or conducting research in the United States, or have received a Fulbright grant within the past five years.
- They have been to the United States as a J-1 Exchange Visitor in the category of Professor or Research Scholar within the past two years.
Grant Length: Applicant may choose a grant for a semester (5 months) or full academic year (09 months)
- A semester grant (05 months) must begin in September 2020 or January 2021
- One academic year grant (09 months) must begin in September 2020
Fields of study: Applicants of disciplines in the social sciences and humanities, science, and technology are welcome to apply.
The deadline of application submission is 5:00 p.m., October 15, 2019 Vietnam time.
Further details on application are available at: https://vn.usembassy.gov/education-culture/fulbright-program-vietnam/vietnamese-scholar-program/