U.S. Mission Vietnam
Message for U.S. Citizens
Health Alert: Notice of Animal Poisonings in Tay Ho Area
March 9, 2022
Location: Tay Ho, Hanoi, Vietnam
Event: The U.S. Embassy in Hanoi received confirmed reports of animal poisonings in the Tay Ho area, primarily around Goat Park (Quang Ba Park). Social media reports and emails to the Hanoi ACS Unit indicate the poisons are targeting dogs. A local animal hospital treated a number of dogs for suspected poisoning and confirmed several dogs have died of poisoning.
Please take care and use caution when out with pets and small children in the Tay Ho area, especially in and around Goat Park. Poisons used to target pets can also be harmful or lethal to small children.
Actions to Take:
· Seek medical attention immediately if you believe you or your children have been exposed to poison.
· Avoid Goat Park/Quang Ba Park to reduce the likelihood of exposure to poison.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy Hanoi 24/7 at (024) 3850-5000 if you have concerns or need assistance.
- U.S. Embassy Hanoi +84-24-3850-5000
- State Department, Consular Affairs, +1-888-407-4747 or +1-202-501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive security, travel, and weather or disaster-related updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
- Requirements for travel to the United States: travel.state.gov FAQs and http://www.cdc.gov
- U.S. Mission in Vietnam’s COVID-19 Information Page: https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/