An official website of the United States government

International Parental Child Abduction
August 4, 2023

Vietnam is not a party to the 1980 Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction (Hague Abduction Convention), nor are there any bilateral agreements in force between Vietnam and the United States concerning international parental child abduction.

If your U.S. citizen child has been abducted from the U.S. to Vietnam, speak with a U.S. State Department officer to discuss your case. We know what resources are available in different countries and can answer questions. Click for specific information for Vietnam including emergency contact information.

If your U.S. citizen child has been abducted from Vietnam to the United States or another country, please contact the State Department’s Office of Children’s Issues at:

U.S. Department of State
Office of Children’s Issues, SA-29
2201 C Street, NW
Washington DC 20520

1-202-501-4444 (from outside the United States)

1-888-407-4747 (from the United States)