U.S. Mission Vietnam
Message for U.S. Citizens
October 25, 2021
The Government of Vietnam issued a new resolution (Resolution 128) that divides the country into different zones based on the assessed risk level for contracting COVID-19. Level 1 (green) is low risk. Level 4 (red) is extremely high risk. The map of zones is updated regularly at https://nguyco.antoancovid.vn/danger/.
The Ministry of Transportation issued a decision to increase the number of domestic flights beginning October 21, 2021. This policy will be reviewed periodically to ensure safety and security for all airline passengers. Please make sure to check with your airlines for the latest travel requirements and restrictions. The policy also includes guidance for all travelers as follows:
- Passengers who have been to Level 4 or lockdown areas, or who are departing from Tan Son Nhat or Can Tho airports: Must have a negative COVID test (RT-PCR or rapid antigen test are acceptable) within 72 hours before the flight
- Other passengers must meet either one of three requirements:
1) Must be fully vaccinated (the last shot was 14 days to one year before the flight)
2) Have a COVID recovery certification within 6 months
3) Have a negative COVID test within 72 hours before the flight.
- All passengers must make a health declaration and provide attestation before boarding
- Those with symptoms will not be allowed on board. All passengers must wear a mask on board at all times.
The COVID-19 situation in Vietnam is constantly changing and varies from province to province. All U.S. citizens are advised to check with local friends, landlords, employers, or ward-level government officials to be aware of the most up-to-date information for each ward, district, or city. Government of Vietnam regulations regarding business operations, quarantine, movement, and travel restrictions in all parts of Vietnam can change with little notice.
Please see the U.S. Mission in Vietnam’s COVID-19 Information Page for additional information regarding the COVID-19 situation in the country: https://vn.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/covid-19-information/.
The U.S. Mission in Vietnam reminds all U.S. citizens that they are subject to local laws and regulations while visiting or living in Vietnam. We advise U.S. citizens to comply with the Government of Vietnam’s testing and quarantine requirements.
Additional Information from U.S. Mission Vietnam:
Website: U.S. Embassy Hanoi
Website: U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City
Follow us on Facebook and on YouTube
Enroll in our Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.