SEPTEMBER 5, 2017
The U.S. Embassy Consular Section in Hanoi will be closed September 5-22 due to renovations. During this period, the American Citizen Services Unit will only provide life and death emergency services. Routine services such as passport renewals, reports of birth abroad, and notarials are not considered emergencies and will be processed through online appointments starting on September 25. If you have a life and death emergency, please call (024) 3850-5000 within Vietnam or (84-24) 3850-5000 from the U.S.
Consular operations at the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City are operating as normal. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For further detailed information regarding Vietnam and travel:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Vietnam’s Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi, (024) 3850-5000 within Vietnam or (84-24) 3850-5000 internationally, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. You may also send us an email at ACSHanoi@state.gov.
- For after-hours emergency, please call our hotline at: (024) 3850-5000 within Vietnam or (011) (84-24) 3850-5000 from the U.S.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in HCMC, located at 4 Le Duan Blvd., Dist. 1,
Ho Chi Minh City, at (028) 3520-4200 within Vietnam, or (84)(28) 3520-4200 internationally.