This message is being issued to alert U.S. citizens residing in, or traveling to Vietnam that the U.S. Embassy and host country law enforcement have recently received reports of residential burglaries in the To Ngoc Van area to include reports of a suspicious individual loitering in the area checking perimeter gates during the early evening hours.
In response to this criminal activity, the Embassy has increased mobile patrol staffing and patrols within the To Ngoc Van residential area. In addition, host country law enforcement has increased their presence in this residential area.
Review your personal security plans, remain aware of your surroundings, including local events, and monitor local news stations for updates. Be vigilant and take appropriate steps to enhance your personal security.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Vietnam Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Vietnam, located at 7 Lang Ha Street, Hanoi, Vietnam, at (84) 4 3850 5000 from Vietnam or (011) (84) 4 3850 5000 from the U.S. 08:30 a.m. to 16:30 p.m. Monday through Friday Thursday. After hours emergency telephone (84) 4 3850 5000/3850 5105 from Vietnam or (011) (84) 4 3850 5000/3850 5105 from the U.S.
- After-hours emergency number for U.S. citizens is telephone (84) 4 3850 5000/3850 5105 from Vietnam or (011) (84) 4 3850 5000/3850 5105 from the U.S.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).