Appear in person
- Provide a police report of lost or stolen (with translation). The police report is needed to exit Vietnam and to replace your Vietnamese entry stamp by the Immigration Department, in addition to being important to any insurance claims you might make.
- Complete form DS-11 as instructed below:
- Option 1 – Online form filler: You may complete Form DS-11 online here. Please PRINT OUT the completed form and attach one color passport photo (2”x 2” or 5cm x 5cm) with a white background taken within the last 6 months. Photo requirements are listed here. DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION, as you will do so in front of a Consular Officer during your appointment. Please enter all required information completely and accurately. Note: You cannot currently list a “Country” when completing the “Emergency Contact” section on our forms. Please list an emergency contact in the United States. The Online form filler is not yet updated to include the X gender marker option; applicants requesting an X gender marker will need to download the PDF file in Option 2.
- Option 2 – PDF Form DS-11: The PDF Form DS-11 is available here. Please complete the form and attach one color passport photo (2”x 2” or 5cm x 5cm) with a white background taken within the last 6 months. Photo requirements are listed here. DO NOT SIGN THE APPLICATION, as you will do so in front of a Consular Officer during your appointment.
- Complete Form DS-64 (PDF-50KB) and PRINT OUT the completed form.
- One valid and original identification (e.g. Foreign passport, U.S. Driver’s License, U.S. Military/State/ US Government ID, Green card)
- Evidence of U.S. citizenship (if circumstances allow) (e.g. Original/Certified U.S. Birth Certificate, Consular Report of Birth Abroad (FS-240) or Certification of Birth (FS-1350), Certificate of Naturalization, Certificate of Citizenship, prior U.S. passport or a copy of the lost/stolen passport).
- Bring cash or a credit card/ debit cards to pay the fee. All fees are payable in U.S. Dollars or Vietnamese Dong in cash, or in U.S. dollars with the following credit cards/ debit cards: Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. We do not accept checks.