Please review the below information carefully as failure to do so could result in a delay of your requested services.
Consular Fees for U.S. Embassy Hanoi and Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City are paid by one of the two following methods:
- Onsite during an appointment at the U.S. Embassy Hanoi and Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City:
- U.S. Dollars or Vietnamese Dong
- Most major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover)
- Debit Cards from most major U.S. banks (Other foreign debit cards are NOTaccepted)
IMPORTANT: Only the bearer of a credit or debit card is permitted to present the card for payment. Payment cannot be accepted via phone. There are no ATM services available at the Embassy or Consulate General.
- Only for passport renewal through the U.S. Mission to Vietnam’s Passport Renewal by Mail/ Express Drop-off program: Use of the U.S. Government’s pay.gov service. See the Renewal by Mail/ Express Drop-off page for additional details and eligibility requirements.
- There is NO expedited passport services overseas. Please allow two-to-three weeks processing-time for a passport renewal when applying onsite at the Embassy or Consulate General.
- Extra pages cannot be added in U.S. passports, you must renew your passport if it is full. All non-emergency passports issued overseas are 50 pages.
Consular fees are listed in U.S. Dollars. Fees in Vietnamese Dong are calculated using the official Consular Exchange Rate (See “Fee Announcement”) on the day of your appointment.
|Book||Card||Book and card||Replacement for lost/stolen book|
|Adult (age 16 and older, renewing a previous passport with 10-year validity)||$130||$30||$160||$165|
|First Adult Passport (ages 16 and older)||$165||$65||$195||$165|
|Minor (Age 0-15)||$135||$50||$150||$135|
Other Consular Fees
|Consular Report of Birth Abroad||$100|
|Notarial (per notarial seal)||$50|
|Administrative Processing of Formal Renunciation of U.S. Citizenship||$2,350|
|Consular Time Fee|
As required for fee services performed away from the office or during after-duty hours (per hour or part thereof/per consular employee)
Further information regarding Consular Fees can be found at the U.S. State Department’s official webpage.
Please note that we will not respond to inquiries sent by postal mail or fax.
Submit an inquiry: Inquiry Form
U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
Rose Garden Building
Second Floor, 170 Ngoc Khanh Street
U.S. Embassy in Hanoi
7 Lang Ha Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
U.S. Consulate General in HCMC
American Citizen Services
4 Le Duan Blvd., Dist. 1
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam