* New Exchange Rate: The U.S. Mission in Vietnam will change its consular exchange rate from US$1=25,000VND to US$1=24,000VND effective February 3, 2023.
* Beginning October 3, 2022, all visa applicants with the new blue-covered passports must have the passport endorsed with place of birth before their interview. Applicants who do not have an endorsement in their blue cover passports will not be permitted to interview and will need to reschedule their appointments. More information is available here.
* MRV Fee Validity Update Effective October 1st 2022: All nonimmigrant visa application fee (also known as the MRV fee) payments made on or after October 1, 2022, are valid for 365 days from the date a receipt is issued for payment of the MRV fee. Applicants must schedule an interview appointment or submit an interview waiver application during this 365-day period. Please note applicants must only schedule their interview or submit their waiver application within the 365-day period. There is no requirement the interview must occur during the 365-day period. All receipts for payment of MRV fees issued before October 1, 2022, were extended until September 30, 2023, and remain valid until this date.
* Beginning April 12, 2022, the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City will TURN AWAY immigrant visa (IV) applicants who have not brought ALL the required documents to their interview and have not uploaded ALL the required documents to CEAC. For further information, see here.
* The CDC’s Order requiring proof of vaccination for non-U.S. citizen nonimmigrants to travel to the United States is still in effect. For more information see Requirement for Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination for Air Passengers. Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.