Tet Card Design Contest is organized by the U.S. Mission Vietnam.
Description of Contest Objectives
In celebration of Tet Holiday, U.S. Mission Vietnam is organizing a Tet Card Design Contest to encourage all Vietnamese ages 15 and above to submit a card with a Tet theme. The card should depict the U.S.-Vietnam relationship in some way.
Events from this contest may be announced and promoted on various Social Media platforms including U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh Facebook page and website, but the contest entry and administration will take place through Google Form. Contest winners may be announced on the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh Facebook page; however, this platform is not partner or sponsor of the contest. Contestants are reminded that by participating in the contest and uploading content to the Google Form, they are bound by Google’s Terms of Service and any agreement with Google contained therein.
How to enter
- Interested participants can submit only one (1) artwork in this page: https://forms.gle/nvQs9mutS7fqskxb7
- Once artwork is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
- By entering this contest, you agree that the images you submit may be used on the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh websites, social media sites, U.S. Department of State events and publications, for non-commercial purposes.
- Participation in this contest is deemed as acceptance of these Official Contest Rules.
- A submission must be original content created and owned by the contestant. Artwork must be submitted digitally.
- Entries may be submitted between November 19, 2021, and November 29, 2021. Judging for the Judges Choice winner begins on December 1, 2021, and winners will be announced no later than December 8, 2021.
- All qualified entries will be uploaded as one Facebook album. Voting for the People’s Choice winner will begin on December 1, 2021, until December 3, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (Vietnam Time)
- The announcement of the winners will be posted on the U.S. Embassy Hanoi and U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh’s Facebook pages no later than December 8, 2021.
- Submissions must not contain obscenity, explicit sexual material, nudity, profanity, graphic violence, calls or incitement to violence, commercial solicitation or commercial promotion. Submissions must conform to local law and must not contain content or images that could be considered abusive, inflammatory, denigrating, or disrespectful to the U.S. Mission Vietnam, the U.S. Department of State, or to any groups, individuals or institutions. Submissions must adhere both in appearance and in fact to the norms of civil discourse. In other words, the content of all submissions must be suitable for a global, public audience.
- Submissions must be original content created by the contestant and must not contain any elements that are protected by someone else’s copyright or otherwise subject to third party intellectual property or proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights (except as expressly permitted below in (d)). The U.S. Mission Vietnam recognizes no allowance for “fair use” of copyrighted material, nor does it recognize allowance for use of licensed materials created or owned by a third party.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam reserves the right to disqualify, at their sole and absolute discretion, any submission that does not adhere to these criteria and to the intent and substance of these Official Contest Rules.
- In the event of any question or difference of views regarding compliance with, interpretation, or application of these content requirements or other provisions of these Official Contest Rules, the U.S. Mission Vietnam reserve the exclusive right to resolve such questions or differences of views in their sole discretion.
- By submitting a artwork to the contest, the contestant affirms that he or she has obtained written consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the artwork (or from the individuals’ parent/legal guardian if any such individuals are considered a minor in their country of residence), and that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents, and permissions to use all material such as music, images, text and other content in the submission. The contestant further affirms that he or she is prepared to provide reliable documentation of any and all such consents, licenses, etc., upon request. Failure to obtain such rights, license consents, and permissions may result in the disqualification of the photo submission at the U.S. Mission Vietnam’s sole and absolute discretion.
Technical Format Requirements
Artwork submissions must be in .jpg, .jpeg or .png format, and the photo size must be 18cm x 13cm, with at least 300 DPI. Submissions should not have any visible watermarks, signatures, or personally identifiable information.
- Contestants must be at least 15 years old on the date of entry into the contest. Contestants must be residents of Vietnam and may not be U.S. citizens or lawful U.S. permanent residents.
- The individual submitting the entry will be considered the contestant and will be the only individual eligible to compete for the prize. Organizations are not eligible to compete for the prize, either as an entity, or through representation by an individual. In order to be eligible for the prize, the contestant must provide complete and accurate information.
- The following individuals are not eligible to participate in the contest: Employees, interns, directors, and officers of the U.S. Mission Vietnam or the U.S. Government, and of Facebook; or any employees, interns, directors, or officers of any agencies, companies or entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution, and/or fulfillment of this contest, and the immediate family members (defined as spouse, recognized partner, parent, child, sibling, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such individual.
- Once a submission has been accepted for entry into the contest, the contestant’s name (or User ID, if the contestant wishes to remain anonymous) and country may be publicly identified at the sole discretion of the contestant.
Selection of winners
- All submissions are subject to pre-screening by U.S. Mission Vietnam to ensure compliance with these Official Contest Rules. Any posters out of compliance will not be posted. U.S. Mission Vietnam reserve the right in their sole and absolute discretion to verify in the final analysis whether a potential finalist or potential winning poster submission has fully complied with these Official Contest Rules before posting to the contest site, awarding prize, recognizing a winner, etc.
- Judges: The judges are the U.S. Mission Vietnam Officers and staff.
- Judging Criteria:
- Composition of the artwork 60%
- Relevance to the theme 40%
- Winners: There will be three (3) winners for this challenge. The Grand Prize winner will be determined by the judges using the criteria. The People’s Choice winner will be determined solely through public voting. The Public Affairs Staff Choice will be voted by Mission Vietnam Public Affairs staff. Winners and finalists may choose to use an alias instead of their real name and may request other identifying information be kept private.
- Winner(s) will be contacted via email. The inability of the U.S. Mission Vietnam to contact a potential winner may result in disqualification and/or selection of an alternate winner from among all remaining eligible submissions.
- The announcement of the winners will be posted on the U.S. Consulate General Ho Chi Minh City‘s Facebook account (https://www.facebook.com/usconsulatehcmc/) and U.S. Embassy’s Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/usembassyhanoi/)
Grand Prize – Swag bag
***Your card will be used in official U.S. Mission in Vietnam’s Tet Gifts***
People’s Choice – Swag bag
Public Affairs Staff Choice – Swag bag
- The winning artwork will be posted on the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and U.S. Consulate General’s Facebook pages and used for official U.S. Mission in Vietnam’s Tet gifts. All instances of social media posting will explicitly credit the owner of each photo.
- Winners must confirm the acceptance of the prize through email within three calendar days. If the acceptance is not confirmed by the required date, the U.S. Mission Vietnam reserves the right to select an alternate winner. Each winner must provide a valid physical mailing address where a prize, if any, is to be shipped. The U.S. Mission Vietnam is not responsible for any problems related to the shipping of any prize, including, but not limited to, theft, delay, damage, or destruction/accidental loss by the shipping carrier.
- Any unused portion of the prize is not transferable, convertible, or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. All taxes on or in connection with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, are the sole and exclusive responsibility of the winner.
Liability and rights
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam does not endorse any submissions or messages expressed therein, and the U.S. Mission Vietnam expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with the submitted poster including disputes between collaborators related to a submission.
- The contest and the U.S. Mission Vietnam do not permit copyright infringing activities or infringement of any other intellectual property rights, and the U.S. Mission Vietnam reserve the right to remove and disqualify any submission they deem to be in violation of another party’s copyright or other intellectual property rights.
- Contestants retain sole ownership of their original work. The submission remains the intellectual property of the contestant, and the U.S. Mission Vietnam and U.S. Government make no claim of copyright as to the work of any individual who enters the contest. Contestant specifically agrees to give the U.S. Mission Vietnam permission to use all content submitted for purposes of judging the contest. Finalists and/or winners will be required to grant the U.S. Mission Vietnam, with proper attribution through whatever means they deem appropriate, a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, and/or display the submission in any media formats and through any media channels in perpetuity in connection with the activities and operations of the contest.
- Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the contest submission and the material contained in it, and for any consequences of submitting or posting it.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam reserves the right at any time to verify the validity of entries and of contestants and to disqualify any contestant or entry deemed not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules. The U.S. Mission Vietnam also reserves the right to request further documentation, at their sole and absolute discretion, to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Contest Rules.
- If a prize or any portion thereof is unavailable, the U.S. Mission Vietnam, in their sole discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with another prize of equal or greater value and/or specification.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam reserves the right to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the contest at their discretion for any reason.
- Contestant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the U.S. Mission Vietnam, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees, interns, and agents, from and against any and all claims, damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debts, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from (i) violation of these Official Contest Rules; (ii) violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, intellectual property, privacy, publicity, or other proprietary right in connection with the contest; or (iii) any claim that a contest submission caused any harm, including financial, to any third party. These indemnifications and hold harmless obligations will survive indefinitely beyond the conclusion of the contest.
- The conduct, judging, and awarding of prizes will be carried out in full compliance with applicable U.S. law and host country law. In the event of a conflict between U.S. law and host country law, U.S. law shall apply.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam and the U.S. Government will take reasonable measures to protect privacy data, personally identifiable information, and other sensitive data of contestants. Contact information provided by contestants may be stored by the U.S. Mission Vietnam and may be used to contact contestants for other purposes in the future. This information may be shared with the co-sponsor of the contest and/or made available to third parties to the extent permitted by law.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam assumes no liability or responsibility for any loss or harm resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the contest or ability or inability to upload, download, or otherwise access any information in connection with participating in the contest. The U.S. Mission Vietnam assumes no responsibility or liability for technical problems, or technical malfunctions arising in connection with the operation of the contest, including: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the contest site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the contest site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the contest.
- Use of contest site is at user’s own risk. The U.S. Mission Vietnam is not responsible for any personal injury, property damage, or losses of any kind which may be sustained to computer equipment resulting from participation in the contest, use of the contest site or the downloading of information from the contest site. By participating in the contest, the contestant releases the U.S. Mission Vietnam from any and all claims arising from or relating to such contestant’s participation in the contest, whether directly or indirectly.
- The U.S. Mission Vietnam is not liable in the event that any portion of the contest is cancelled or delayed due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other reason.
 Throughout the contest rules, the term “sponsors” is used to represent either single or multiple sponsors, where applicable.