|Attention: Do not bring laptop computers, iPads, tablets, and other large electronic devices to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You may not enter the building with these devices. You may not leave these devices at the security checkpoint.|
Our offices are only able to admit individuals who have scheduled an appointment, or if a U.S. citizen is in need of emergency assistance, such as illness, death, destitution, lost or stolen passports, or parental child abduction. Any individual requesting a service of non-emergency nature at our offices without an appointment is not permitted to enter the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi or the U.S. Consulate General in Ho Chi Minh City. We are closed to the public on both Vietnamese and American holidays.
All visitors to the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi and the U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City must follow certain security procedures. Any visitor who declines to be screened by our security personnel will be unable to enter the Embassy or Consulate. You may not bring battery-operated or electronic devices, large bags or luggage, or food and liquid into the Embassy or Consulate. To avoid delaying your entry and that of those in line behind you, please bring only what is required for your appointment. Please click here for more information regarding which items you are prohibited from bringing into the Embassy or Consulate.
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad (CRBA): Appointment required. Please follow the instructions here.
- Passport services: Appointment required. Please follow the instructions here.
- Notarial and other U.S. citizen services: Appointment required. Please follow the instructions here.
- Consular Outreach Visits: If you cannot make it to the U.S. Embassy or U.S. Consulate, then we may be coming to a city near you to offer services. For more information, please click here.
- Emergencies (such as cases of illness, death, destitution, arrest, missing persons, lost and stolen passport, parental child abduction): Appointment not required. Please walk in Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. or call the 24/7 phone numbers listed here.
Appointments for American Citizen Services are free (no cost). If you wish to report fraudulent activity related to any of the Consular services we provide, please contact our Consular Fraud Prevention Unit at HanoiFPU@state.gov (for Hanoi) or HCMCFPU@state.gov (for Ho Chi Minh City).
Note: Those people picking up passports, reporting lost passports or death do not need to make an appointment and can walk in as follows:
- U.S. Embassy in Hanoi: From 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday, excluding Vietnamese and American holidays
- U.S. Consulate in Ho Chi Minh City:
Pick up passports: from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Wednesdays, excluding Vietnamese and American holidays.
Report lost passports or death: from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays excluding Vietnamese and American holidays
If you have questions or issues while in Vietnam, you may use our online form here without having to schedule an appointment for entry into our office. Our office will respond to your inquiries as soon as possible. You may want to visit the Department of State’s travel website for more information on entry, exit, and foreign visa requirements.