U.S. Embassy Hanoi and U.S. Consulate Ho Chi Minh City
U.S. citizen emergencies include, but are not limited to: illness, death, destitution, arrest, lost and stolen passport, victims of a crime, missing persons, and parental child abduction. Please also review the information here.
- US Citizens with Emergencies, please call:
– From the United States: 1-888-407-4747 within the United States or +1 202-501-4444 internationally.
– Embassy Hanoi: (024) 3850-5000 within Vietnam.
– U.S. Consulate Ho Chi Minh City: (028) 3520-4200 within Vietnam.
- Outside of office hours:
– Embassy Hanoi: (024) 3850-5000 within Vietnam or (+84)(24) 3850-5000 internationally.
- Outside of Vietnam:
– Embassy Hanoi: (+84)(24) 3850-5000 internationally.
– U.S. Consulate Ho Chi Minh City: (+84)(28)3520-4200 internationally.
Please note that visa inquiries are not considered emergencies and these numbers should not be used for visa questions.
For a listing of emergency and non-emergency services provided to U.S. citizens overseas, please see our American Citizen Services page.
For information about general, non-emergency services provided by U.S. Citizen Services, including urgent appointment requests, please contact us via our ACS inquiry form. Depending on the nature of the request, we will generally respond within one business day.