Welfare and Whereabouts

Should one of your family members become missing, the U.S. Citizen Services unit can assist you in locating the person.  Also, should you become concerned about the welfare of a family member, this office can assist you.  Keep in mind that once an individual is located, you will be notified only if he/she has signed an authorization or given verbal permission to waive the Privacy Act (PDF-185KB).

When contacting the U.S. Citizen Services unit in these cases, please have available the name of the person you are looking for, his/her U.S. passport number, date and place of birth, travel plans, and the date when he/she entered Vietnam.

The American Citizen Services office cannot act as your travel agent, bank, lawyer, investigator or law enforcement agent. Please do not expect the office to find you employment, get you residence or driving permits, act as interpreters, search for missing luggage or settle disputes with hotel managers. You may not stay at the U.S. Consulate General if you are stranded. However, the office can tell you how to obtain help on these and other matters.