The Fulbright Program in Vietnam seeks qualified candidates for the 2015 Vietnamese Scholar Program (VSP). The VSP provides grants to Vietnamese scholars to lecture and/or conduct research at American institutions or universities for three months up to nine months.
Successful applicants are provided with a stipend, living expenses, health and accident insurance for the full term of the grant, and transportation to and from the United States. The Fulbright Program in Vietnam in coordination with the Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES) helps place scholars at appropriate host institutions in the United States.
The VSP actively encourages women, minorities and residents from all provinces to apply. It is open to all candidates who qualify through open competition on the basis of academic and professional merit without regard to race, religion, gender, or affiliation.
Requirements: Individuals interested in applying for the VSP must:
- hold an M.A. or Ph.D. degree (or equivalent degree in some specific professions)
- be Vietnamese citizens
- have English skills adequate to conduct their research and/or lectures in the United States
Field of study: Applicants from all fields are welcome to apply but priorities will be given to the fields listed below:
- Higher Education Administration
- Foreign Policy
- Public Health
- Public Administration
- American Studies
- Urban Planning & Development
- Women’s Studies
- Environmental Studies & Policy
- Economics (including international economics and agricultural economics)