The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) is a public diplomacy program designed to advance regional strategic goals, break down barriers that separate the next generation of leaders in Southeast Asia, and link those emerging leaders to the United States.
The YSEALY Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a two-way exchange program designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States.
YSEALI PFP is administered under four Institute Themes: Civic Engagement, Economic Empowerment, Governance and Society, and Sustainable Development and the Environment. Applicants will be instructed to rank themes in order of preference on their application as well as their preferred program cycle. Applications may be assigned to a different theme or cycle if deemed necessary and appropriate.
Candidates nominated for this program should:
- be a YSEALI member. Join YSEALI here.
- be a citizen and current resident of either: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste or Vietnam;
- be emerging leaders in government, civil society, or the private sector who have demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme for which they are applying;
- be 25 to 35 years old at the start of the program, currently employed and have two or more years of relevant professional work experience;
- be self-directed with demonstrated leadership and collaborative skills and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting;
- be able to identify an objective/project of their own selection that the applicant would like to implement in their home workplace or community;
- have demonstrated proficiency in written and oral English.
There are no current open application for this program at this time.
Please check again at a later date.